Students eligible for veterans beneﬁts should contact the Online Oﬃce to complete any needed forms and to alert the staﬀ to certify their enrollment with the Veterans Administration. All current locations are approved for VA Beneﬁts. If you are not sure about your classroom site, call the Limestone University VA Oﬃce.
Students who are using Veterans beneﬁts need to be aware of the full-time requirements for diﬀerent formats that Limestone oﬀers. Below are the deﬁnitions used to determine if a student is full-time for VA beneﬁts only:
- Day Campus Program --- enrolled in at least 12 semester hours in the Day Campus Program 16-week semester.
- Online Program --- enrolled in two 8-week courses per term in order to qualify for beneﬁts.
In accordance with Title 38 US Code 3679 subsection (e), this school adopts the following additional provisions for any students usingthe U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs (VA) Post 9/11 G.I. Bill® (Ch. 33) or Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (Ch. 31) benefits, while payment to the institution is pending from the VA. This school will not:
- Prevent the student’s enrollment;
- Assess a late penalty fee to;
- Require student secure alternative or additional funding;
- Deny their access to any resources (access to classes, libraries, or other institutional facilities) available to other students who have satisfied their tuition and fee bills to the institution.
However, to qualify for this provision, such students may be required to:
Provide Chapter 33 Certificate of Eligibility (or its equivalent) or for Chapter 31, VA VR&E’s contract with the school on VA Form 28-1905 by the first day of class.
Note: Chapter 33 students can register at the VA Regional Office to use E-Benefits to get the equivalent of a Chapter 33 Certificate of Eligibility. Chapter 31 student cannot get a completed VA Form 28-1905 (or any equivalent) before the VA VR&E case-manager issues it to the school.
Provide written request to be certified; Provide additional information needed to properly certify the enrollment as described in other institutional policies.