Nursing - BSN
The pre-licensure, traditional BSN program trains students to become nurses through didactic coursework and clinical practice. Our curriculum prepares students to take the National Council Licensure Exam (NCLEX) and become a Registered Nurse (RN).
Traditional undergraduate application and acceptance to Limestone University is the only requirement for the admission into BSN program.
PROGRESSION CRITERIA TO THE CLINICAL COHORT
- Successful completion of pre-nursing coursework for BSN major with a C or better
- Minimum GPA of 2.8
- Submit application to Clinical Cohort by Mar 1 of 4th semester.
- Background check
NURSING PROGRAM MISSION
Inspired by the university mission to educate students from diverse backgrounds and committed to the health of citizens, the mission of the nursing program is therefore to support and prepare professional nurses who are able to:
- Use critical thinking in decision-making activities;
- Promote health and wellness to diverse individuals, families, and communities; and
- Demonstrate incorporation of professional standards, lifelong learning, advocacy, and compassion into nursing practice.
NURSING PROGRAM VISION
To meet the needs of our communities and profession by providing a quality innovative higher education experience.
NURSING PROGRAM GOALS
- Recruit and retain well-qualified nursing students
- Recruit and retain well-qualified faculty
- Maintain national accreditation through CCNE
- Utilize best practices of learning theories in all courses
- Prepare professional nurses with essential knowledge, skills, and attitudes to improve health
- Increase the number of BSN and MSN nurses locally
NURSING EXPECTED PROGRAM OUTCOMES
- Graduate 70% of students who enroll
- NCLEX-RN pass rate above the national average
- 70% of graduates employed within 1 year
- Employer satisfaction
- Prepared for graduate education
- Express satisfaction with BSN program
GE - General Education Requirement
EL - Elective