- A total of 19 credit hours
- A passing score on the Program Entrance Examination or MU119
- The required courses listed below (11 credit hours)
- MU050 Music Seminar each semester in which lessons (ML) are taken except with permission from the Music Program faculty.
- Four semesters of ML Music Major/Minor Applied Lessons at the 300 level (4 credit hours).
- Primary and Secondary Ensembles:
- Primary: ME 320 Chorus
- Secondary: ME 422 Vocal Ensemble
- Winds and Percussion
- Primary: ME 326 Wind Ensemble
- Secondary: ME 427 Woodwind Ensemble, ME 428 Brass Ensemble, or ME 429 Percussion Ensemble
- "Must align with primary instrument family"
7. A grade of "C" or better must be earned in all music course-work for the music minor.
Primary and Secondary music ensembles listed above each semester in which lessons (ML) are taken except with permission from the Music Program faculty (4 credit hours). Participation in the appropriate ensemble is a co-requisite for all applied lessons for all students minoring in music.