- A total of 19 credit hours
- A passing score on the Departmental Entrance Examination or MU119
- The required courses listed below (8 credit hours)
- Applied music courses including 2 semesters at the 100 level and 2 semesters at the 200 level (4 credit hours)
- Applied instruction (private lessons) is offered to all students for one hour credit in the study of voice, keyboard, brass, woodwind, and percussion.
- A grade of "C" or better must be earned in all music course-work for the music minor.
Participation in the appropriate ensemble is a co-requisite for all applied lessons for all students minoring in music.