Limestone University Financial Aid is limited to the direct cost of tuition, required fees, and room and board. A satisfactory Grade Point Average and total cumulative hours are necessary for the continuation of financial aid. No institutional financial aid will be granted to cover the cost of lab fees, fines, private music lessons, and/or private room charges.

Limestone scholarships, grants, employment program, and athletic awards are funds restricted to students enrolled in the Main Campus Program as full-time, degree-seeking students unless the donor establishing the scholarship or fund specifies other criteria for eligibility. Any student who drops below full-time status will lose eligibility for all scholarships/grants. The only exception is if it is the student's last semester prior to graduating, at which time, all Limestone scholarships/grants will be reduced to reflect this status (i.e., 3/4 time students will receive 3/4 of scholarships/grants).

Enrollment Status:

Enrollment status is determined each semester based on the classes you are enrolled in as part of your course of study.  Only courses which count toward your degree requirements can be used in determining your enrollment status for financial aid.  Financial aid will not cover non-degree required courses.

        Undergraduate Students

  • Full time:  12 or more credit hours
  • Three-quarter (3/4) time: 9-11 credit hours
  • Half-time (1/2):  6-8 credit hours
  • Less than half-time: 1-5 credit hours

        Graduate Students       

  • Full time: 6 or more credit hours
  • Half-time: 3-5 credit hours


Repeat Coursework

Federal regulations limit the number of times a student may repeat a course and receive financial aid for that course.  Ineligible repeated courses will be excluded from counting in the student's enrollment for financial aid purposes.

  • A student may receive aid when repeating a course previously failed, regardless of the number of times the course was attempted and failed, provided Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) standards are met.
  • A student may receive aid to repeat a previously passed course (with a D or better, including Pass grade one additional time.
  • Once a student has completed  any course twice and earned a passing grade (with a D or better, including Pass grade) they are no longer eligible to receive aid for that course.
  • If a student retakes a course that is no longer eligible for financial aid, the credits are excluded from the total enrollment and the student's financial aid will be adjusted to exclude these credits. 

The following rules apply whether or not a student received aid for earlier enrollments.


Changing Status from Residential to Commuter Student- Main Campus Students

Students who wish to change from a residential student to a commuter student must complete the Change of Residency Status Request Form with Residence Life & Housing for approval.  The student’s financial aid offer may be reduced if the total scholarships/grants is more than the direct costs.  Students are encouraged to consult with the Financial Aid Office, and must verify they have done so when completing the change of status form, to understand if their current financial aid offer will change.  The Change of Residency Status Request Form can be completed online:


Print This Page

Last modified
05/20/2024 - 11:43